Friday, March 6, 2009

The Year of Wood?

Happy Anniversary to me! Today marks five whole years together-- which sounds so much better than saying we've been married for four. Why is that?

Curiously, I looked up that whole "year of the ___" for anniversaries. You know, 1st anniversary is paper, give your spouse a book etc. Year five is wood. Dandy. Now we can have a fire.

But even more curious to me is what we are doing tonight. We have a babysitter. We have plans. I even have clothes. I just don't have a clue about where we are going.

I've been warned it's nothing too fancy. Frankly it has been so long since the two of us went out (last May) I wouldn't care if he took me bowling.

Although, it might not matter if he had told me. The other day I was cleaning a closet and I stumbled across a Wal-Mart sack. Inside was something we both wanted, something that seemed suspiciously like an anniversary present. So I wrapped it up and put it back. And I'll be durn if I didn't completely forgot what it was. No clue whatsoever.

But I do remember where it is...

2 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

No peeking! ;)

Happy Anniversary! It's a special day, indeed. When is that other special day coming? It's this month, too, isn't it?

"Dandy." ROFL!

Ruth said...

Happy Anniversary! *gives you a tree*