Saturday, March 7, 2009

Of All Things

You will so laugh when you read this.

Yesterday was our 5th anniversary, of course. And I told you Brian was taking me some place that was a surprise. I also shared that the 5th anniversary is the year of "wood."

This just kills me.

My surprise was shopping for the dinning room table I've been wanting for like four and a half years! Grandma came and picked up the little guy. Then we rushed off to an "appointment." Before we left the driveway, however, Brian tied a scarf around my eyes so I couldn't see. I followed all the turns until we left C hwy, then I got lost and truly had no idea where we were going. He took the scarf off at my fav furniture store!

We had a great time, looking through all the selections without worrying about anyone climbing on top of the tables. I found two that I like a lot, one of which we could get at a great price as it was returned with a *tiny* nick on one corner. I understand not wanting flaws in furniture you paid full price for; I also have no problem getting a discount on something I'll never notice!!!

I'm going to do some more shopping (any excuse, right?) but I'm so excited about my anniversary gift! Wood! Who'd a thunk?

2 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Brilliant! Did he plan that, as in the wood table for the 5th anny? He gets SO many bonus points if he put that much thought into it. And if not, he's still cool. :)

Glad you had a good time!

Kelly said...

Nah-- he was actually confused when I tried to explain the whole thing. But that just makes it all the funnier!