Friday, January 30, 2009

Good Sister, Good Books

My sister recently gave me a pile of books. I love to go to the library and check out new authors, old favorites, and do-it-yourself type stuff. My sister enjoys the same, except she buys hers from the bookstore. Very convenient for me!

Last time she brought books she got me hooked on Picoult. Good stuff. Although the twist at the end of Nineteen Minutes was a little... disturbing, I really enjoyed My Sister's Keeper. Actually, I cried through the whole thing.

The time before that she sent me Twilight. I nearly drove to Columbia just to get the next two volumes.

So, as you can see, she rarely steers me wrong.

In this stack where two books by Mitch Albom. The first is entitled One More Day, and was good. It was better after I finished it, though, if you know what I mean. The second is Tuesdays with Morrie. I had, of course, heard of the novel, but never checked it out. My mistake! I loved it! I will admit that I am not in the category of people who claimed it changed their lives (like the ones on the first page of the book), but it is certainly worth your time. It has inspired me to think less of what the world expects, and more about how I can really matter to others.

So, maybe I should take back my previous statement. I guess it sounds as if it has changed me, after all.

No comments: