Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Today


The little guy woke up a bit early today, which, at first, seems like a bad thing. But THEN, Brian said he'd take little guy with him. For two truck rides!

So I made breakfast, packed lunch, dressed him in his farm "workin'" clothes and sent him out the door.

Whoo Hoo!

I worked out and never paused the DVD. I showered till the hot water was almost gone. I ate my breakfast on the couch while reading a book. I cleaned both bathrooms and never told anyone not to touch the toilet bowl brush or stop eating bathroom cleaner. And now I am on the computer with only one person in the chair.

The only problem is I keep startling every time I think I hear something coming from the little guy's room.

When he leaves for college, do you suppose I'll get used to it?

3 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Hurray for you! I love those (oh so rare) kinds of days. (And naturally, I want to ask what book you read while eating breakfast... ;)

As for your question, I've often wondered the same thing. I suppose we'll come to both love and hate the quiet, empty house.

Kelly said...

How silly of me to leave that info out! I was reading Where My Heart Belongs by Tracie Peterson. Good read.

Have you finished My Sister's Keeper yet?

Janna Leadbetter said...

Ooh! I'll look that one up!

I'm reading Change of Heart. I've had to set it aside though, because I was afraid Picoult's voice would mess with mine and the WIP. (Will probably have to stick with non-fic stuff for awhile...) But my mom has My Sister's Keeper, which she said she'd loan me if I wanted it. Did you like it?