Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sounds of Fall

The sounds of fall are like music to my ears. The russel of leaves in the trees. The cry of the geese as they pass by. The gentle murmur of deer rifles continuously causing me to startle from dawn until dusk. Ahh. Life in the quiet country.

Seriously. You'd think I'd get used to it.

But nope. Each time someone takes a shot at anything without a bright orange vest I jump three feet in the air and look frantically for my baby. Because I wouldn't know if a bullet broke through the window and came careening into our home? Because the hunter friend staying at our house is tired of the dinner tantrum routine? Because I am a paranoid freak?

Or because I am a Mom.

Yep. That's probably it.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I can't get over my fear of Aldi meat. Although, like you have bought the chicken occasionally. I really need to get back in the groove of shopping there.
And good luck with those hunters.

I remember losing cats in the hunting season.

.

Janna Leadbetter said...

Mmm... Aldi meat... Wait wait wait, that's not what I was gonna say.

:P

It be a mom thing, fo' shizzle.