Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm Good for the Economy

If there was one real problem in our early married days, it would have to have been money. I mean really, who doesn't have financial disagreements with their spouse? I've heard its the most common reason for a divorce.

But unless you married a farmer, you haven't got a clue.

Here's why. When we got married I was teaching kindergarten. A nice job, nice school, nice co-workers, pitiful salary. But I knew how to do the math. Nothing, minus very little, equals not much. Farming was a whole new issue. Money comes in, money goes out. And out, and out. Seed. Chemical. Fertilizer. Parts. Labor. Fuel. I just wave good-bye as the checks go to the mail.

And its time to send out those checks again. Sigh. There goes my Prada bag. And my in-ground pool. And my new house.

At least I'm good for the economy.

No comments: