Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Holding My Breath

They say its supposed to rain. Like, within the next seven minutes. They said big clouds were headed this way from Iowa and would be at the town north of us by now. Then it would continue our direction and any time now the rain will pour down on our thirsty soybeans, newly seeded lawn, and unsuspecting kitties. Its what they say.

But even though my fingers are crossed and I'm praying really hard, I keep seeing blue sky out my windows. There are some big, fluffy, white clouds ambling across the scenery and a slight breeze-- is it coming from the north!? Butterflies are dancing happily and the cows are still standing up in the pasture. Sunshine warms the roof of our home and the A/C struggles to keep up.

BUT, if you look at it just right there could be a slight gray color on the horizon and I'm positive the humidity is rising as we speak... er, type.

So I'm sure that the much needed gentle rainfall is in our future. After all, they did say.

No comments: