Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend

What a weekend! Brian, little guy, and I all just got back from our last conference of the season-- Farm Bureau Young Farmer and Rancher. It was great! My Valentine's gift from hubby was an extra day at Tan-Tar-A, so we left early Friday morning (although not as early as we would have liked!) and played at the pool and stuff in the afternoon. Then Friday night at the opening meeting we sat with two other families who were so much fun!

Valentine's Day morning I woke up and went to the bathroom to take a shower. Instead of a bottle of hotel shampoo on the counter I found a bouquet of beautiful pink roses! Brian had gotten up after I'd fallen asleep and driven to the store to buy the flowers, a glass vase, and some pretty pink (plastic) diamonds to put in the vase! It all looks so nice together I'm suspicious he had help! It's either a really sweet story about the lengths my husband would go to make Valentine's Day special, or a mark of how long he will procrastinate. I'm going with the first...

Then Brian attended four seminars, mostly about farm economics and commodities futures, while little guy took a much needed nap. In the afternoon we went to two outlet stores and found everything on our list, making me happy that we accomplished something and Brian happy that we did it quickly :). Saturday night we had the opportunity to listen to an amazing speaker. His name is Chad Hymas (pictured at left). At age 27 he was injured in a farm accident and is now a quadriplegic. His story was amazing. You can see video footage at this website and see for yourself.

Sunday we heard Chris Filer sing for our church service. If you haven't read my blog from the December Farm Bureau meeting you can check that out and read about how much I love his music! It was great to hear him again, and even little guy was totally interested in his performance!

The best part of the trip back was that the toddler fell asleep for almost two hours and watch Franklin the Turtle quite happily after that. Brian and I watch Fireproof after he went down for the night-- which is something else I'm going to have to highly recommend.

Hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day too!

1 comment:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Sounds like such a great trip!

And I have a copy of Fireproof in the other room. Hoping to watch it tonight!