Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just Cute

Life is made up of such random moments, or at least it is when you have a toddler. This one was so cute I just had to share it.

Yesterday the little guy spent the day in the semi truck, hauling grain to town with his daddy. He is such a Daddy's Boy anyway, plus he loves the diesel truck, so little guy had allowed himself very little sleep when he came home about 4:00. I figured it was too late for a nap, seeing as how bedtime is at 8:00. However, at 5:15 the little angel broke a glass and was put in his room for safe keeping while I cleaned up. By the time I finished sweeping the dinning room there was no sound coming from his room. The right thing to do here is debatable, but I decided to fix dinner and wake him up at 6:00 to eat. He was going to be crabby anyhow, might as well get 45 minutes of peace...

So at 6:00 Brian came back from loading the semi and I went in to wake up little guy. Only instead of being on the floor in the middle of his animals like usual, he was sitting in his favorite plastic Rubbermaid tub. It's a big 18 gallon type and his favorite thing to do is put all his stuffed animals inside and go for a ride-- Daddy pulling everyone with a rope zip-tied to the handle. Finding him here wasn't really a big surprise, until I realized he wasn't just sitting. He had actually fallen asleep sitting upright in the tub surrounded by every stuffed animal he owns!

Of course, this may or may not interest you. But I thought it was just too cute.

3 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

That is very, very cute. I hope you got a picture!

Who am I kidding? Of course you got a picture!

Ruth said...

Awww! That's hilarious!

Kelly said...

Naturally I went for the camera, but the commotion of opening the door was too much and he was awake before I took two steps.

So I'm thinking of leaving him in his room all day to see if it will happen again... ha ha!