Thursday, October 2, 2008

We Are So Doing That Again!

Wow! I've just discovered the most amazing thing! My son loves the combine. And he loves it so much he's happy to sit there for at least two hours while Daddy works. And Mommy LEAVES!!!

Last night I had an appointment with a client, so I dropped the little guy off with his Dad and then hurried home again as quickly as I could. I was picturing my husband holding the destructive toddler forces at bay while trying to steer a huge piece of equipment with one hand. I was imagining Brian with no hair as he had pulled it all out in frustration as baby poked and prodded every imaginable button available and then tasted everything else. I was dreading the words "never again" as my son was handed back to me.

But no! He and Daddy were happily working along until they finished the field, at which time they went back to the farm to fuel the combine before moving on. Brian was feeding our son turkey and cucumber when I got there.

Way to go Dad!

And tonight I had a women's group meeting, at which I was speaking and could not possibly hope to corral 26 pounds of dynamite.

So once again I was thinking, imagining, brainstorming, fearing...

And all of it groundless!

I am definitely doing this more often.

No comments: