Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall Cleaning

I happen to be a clean person. I like order, dust-free surfaces, and fresh laundry folded in my drawers.

But we can't always have what we want.

Last fall our house was... under construction. I'm still not recovered.

Then there is spring cleaning. Of course last spring I had a one-year old. I did some deep cleaning. But not much. The spring before, well, I had a newborn.

So if you're doing the math you can see that its been like two years since I've really gotten down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the cracks and crevices of my home. Yuck.

But this fall I am inspired. Um, well.. maybe it would be more precise to say "was inspired." At the moment I'm just TIRED! Yesterday I mopped floors and then stood on a chair all day cleaning the light fixtures, ceiling fans, and cobwebs. Today I scrubbed the bathrooms and did the windows. Tomorrow I'll be mopping the floors again. Bad idea to do them first.

But I have not done this by myself. I had help. In the form of my eighteen month old. He dumped Comet all over the bathroom and hallway floors and on his lovey, Lammie. That was useful. Then he took the rags I cleaned the windows with to the trash can. He only dropped about a dozen dead flys and left just a small trail of dust. He had also tried to eat the light bulbs and when I gave him his own lunch he threw beans and rice across the dining room. All across it.

Its a good thing fall comes just once a year.

1 comment:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Oh, I so know how you're feeling, with disorder due to renovations AND with cleaning up after little ones. Argh. The jobs are never done!