Thursday, October 16, 2008

Are You Missing Humor?

If you don't work with your family each day in a business arrangement you really have no idea what you're missing. Namely-- humor. For example:

The other night my brother and sister-in-law went to a football game and left their three year old with my mother-in-law. After the toddler woke up from his nap my husband and father-in-law decided he and Grandma should both come to the field and help with harvest. Meanwhile I've fixed dinner and taken it out to the field. My little guy and I are riding with Brian in the combine.

So MIL calls hubby and says we need the semi, so she's going to drive his combine while he goes and gets it. We stop to switch with she and my nephew, but since all of the family is in the combine we end up staying in our vehicles and driving back to the car. Then the three of us get in the Grand Prix (which is parked in the middle of a field after a two mile trek through newly cut bean stocks) and the two of them begin harvesting. We drive two miles down the rode and drop Brian off so he came pick up the semi. He drives it back to the edge of the field and then I drive him all the way back where he gets into his combine. Then MIL gets into the truck with the three year old and drives across the field to the other combine driven by my father-in-law. She switches with him so he can drive the loaded semi back to "home base" where the bins are.

At least they are amusing.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

HAHA! I'm so thoroughly confused!!!